Skip to main content

(Catching Up) Dread Pirate Roberts Kids Costume

Gee, it's been a while huh? Well I'm going to go ahead and try to catch up a bit and post a few of the things we've done over the past few years in the upcoming weeks as I scrounge my hard drive for photos.

Dread Pirate Roberts 



This is from March of 2016, made for the Scarborough Fair in Central Texas. There's not a whole lot to it, but did draft this little pirate shirt from scratch by looking at one of Jack's 4T dress shirts! I've made so many of these renfair/pirate shirts by now that I could probably do it in my sleep. (Did I make an actual pattern for it? No. No I did not. Sorry!) The tiny version went together in just a few hours out of leftover grown-up fabric. It's a very nice black linen.

The mask is some thick felt I had lying around, attached with bit of elastic and the bandana was a freebie from long long ago.The tie is some suede lacing that I bought a whole spool of after continuously running out of lacing.  John cut a quick belt for him and we were ready to go! 

I used a brown eyeliner pencil for his iconic little mustache and we were set! 

This costume was great for my four year old because it felt so much like regular clothes to him. He was able to run around and not feel too hot or encumbered. The mask didn't last more than a few hours, but the rest of the costume stayed on until we went home. 


Comments